Did you know when a child enters foster care a trash bag is used to hold their personal belongings? A TRASH BAG! This is unacceptable. For very little cost, you can show a child they are loved and not forgotten. Perhaps you feel called to help, but feel that taking on a foster child is too difficult at this time. This is an easy way to brighten a child’s outlook. Consider picking up these simple, but meaningful things while you are doing your holiday shopping! A good bag can be done for around $80. Consider splitting the cost with a friend/ coworker/ family member in order to help with the cost if the price is too steep. Donations are also accepted! Other needs are posted on the Foster Love Ministry Amazon wish list. 100% of donations go towards the children.
A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I loved you, so you must love one another.
Several things to keep in mind:
- Use new backpacks or diaper bags and items
- Do not use items with business logos
- The backpacks or diaper bags should have zippers instead of drawstrings!
- Please do not include food!
- Place toiletry items in a sealed ziplock bag
- You can choose to fill a bag for a Boy or Girl
- Mark the gender and clothing size on a tag and attach it to the bag!
- Add an encouraging note to the foster parents and child
All ages are needed. Click the links below to print a shopping list!